- First thing in the morning, fill a mug with freshly boiled water.
- Add a dash of apple cider vinegar and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Sip as you start your day.
- According to Ayuveda, hot water more easily penetrates your lymph system, helping to cure dehydration at a cellular level and to move things through the lymph system more easily.
- Add lemon, or
- Add slices of cucumber, or
- Add a sliver or orange, or
- Add lime, or
- Add kiwi, or
- Add blueberries (we add frozen blueberries in place of ice).
- Make it easy to drink water - keep a glass by your side when you are cooking, watching TV, reading, and, of course, exercising.
- When you reach into the refrigerator for something to eat or drink, first have a glass of water.
- When you need a break from what you are doing, grab a glass of water.
- Track how much water you drink in a day - you might be surprised.
- As a rule of thumb, try dividing your weight (in pounds) by 2 and drinking that many ounces of water each day. See how it makes you feel. If you exercise, you will need more than this.
- If you are worried about having to get up in the middle of the night, drink most of your water early in the day.